During an evaluation, I decided to put most of the items I was working with together into one setup. And, thought I’d share it with you. Supported in the Radical Rig are:
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, 5Ds R and 80D camera bodies
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II and 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lenses
Used for support in the Radical Rig are:
- Really Right Stuff TP-243 Ground-Level Tripod not even straining under the load
- Really Right Stuff PG-02 Pano-Gimbal Head – the full gimbal option with an additional vertical arm and clamp
- Really Right Stuff BH-30 Ball Head mounted via a threaded stud
- All cameras have L-plates and the larger two lenses have Lens Plates
While the rig looks cool, it is surprisingly usable. And, the gear is truly impressive.
Here is the back view:
Based on what you see here and knowing what I’ve already reviewed, you can likely figure out what the next review subject is.
Crazy rigs of course need a name. I decided to call this one the RRS Radical Rig with “Extravahead” in the running. Sean had some other good ideas – please share your own alternative name suggestions with us.
#MYRRS #RRS #ReallyRightStuff