If you find yourself stuck in a rut, can’t find anything to shoot, or just need to get shooting – here are some videos to help you select an idea and get started doing a personal photography project.
The importance of doing a photography project
Photographer Matt Day talks about the importance of doing a personal photography project and gives you some ideas and direction to get started in this video.
5 Reasons why you should do a photography project
Adam from First Man Photography has five good reasons why you should start a photography project:
- Find direction – break out of a rut.
- Improve your photography.
- Build a social media following.
- Challenge yourself – get out of your comfort zone.
- It’s fun!
The most important ASPECT of doing a photography project
In this short video, COOPH founder Ulrich Grill shows you five things you need for a successful photo shoot or project. They follow the acronym A.S.P.E.C.T. – can you guess what they are? If not, go ahead and watch the video now.
- A – atmosphere
- S – shadows
- P – positioning
- E – energy
- C – contrast
- T – timing
Still need some help starting a photography project? Try these dPS articles for more tips.
- 12 Creative Photography Project Ideas to Get You Motivated
- How to do a Photography Alphabet Project
- Tips for Doing a Successful Picture-a-Day Photography Project
- How to Start and Finish a Photography Project
- 6 Tips for How to Build a Story and Shoot a Photo Project
- Tips for Creating a Personal Photography Project
The post Tips for Selecting and Doing a Successful Photography Project by Darlene Hildebrandt appeared first on Digital Photography School.