Shooting for black and white requires you to see a scene and think a little differently. You’re looking for a contrast of tones, not color, and it can be hard to “see” in black and white if you’re new to shooting in monochrome.
Here is a short video with some practical tips you can apply to create more dramatic black and white landscape photos.
If you want more help with your black and white here are a few more dPS articles on the topic:
- How to Enhance your Black and White images with Infrared Photography
- 3 Simple Steps to Craft Better Black and White Photos
- 6 Tips to Help You Make Better Black and White Landscape Photos
- Avoid These 5 Common Mistakes in Black and White Photography
- A Guide to Black and White Conversion in Photoshop
The post Video Tutorial – Tips for Making Dramatic Black and White Landscape Photos by Darlene Hildebrandt appeared first on Digital Photography School.