There is something very appealing about the simplicity of a portrait in black in white. It becomes less about the setting, background and environment and more about the person being photographed.
This week we want to see what you can do to create your best black and white portraits. Here are some articles to help if you need assistance:
- How to Create Good Black and White Portraits
- 5 More Tips for Making Better Black and White Portraits
- 3 Simple Steps to Craft Better Black and White Photos
- Avoid These 5 Common Mistakes in Black and White Photography
- A Guide to Black and White Conversion in Photoshop
- A Guide to Black and White Conversion in Lightroom
Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Portrait
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favorite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images in the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.
The post Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Portraits by Darlene Hildebrandt appeared first on Digital Photography School.