If you want to see action and motion, check out these 30 moving panning images.
Panning is the technique of moving your camera to match the direction and speed of an object that is moving in front of you, while shooting at a slow shutter speed. The result will blur the background, and make the subject relatively sharp. The trick is to get your speed and timing just right – it takes a bit of practice so now is a good time to do just that!
Weekly Photography Challenge – panning
If you need some help perfecting your technique check out these dPS articles:
- Showing Speed: Using Panning When Shooting Action
- Mastering Panning – Photographing Moving Subjects
- The Art Of Panning
- Intentional Blur- How to Create it and Why it’s Awesome
- How to Create Better Photos by Adding a Sense of Motion
- Using Slower Shutter Speeds to Show Motion in Your Images
Share your images below:
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer upload them to your favourite photo sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.