There is a ton of data obtainable on these pages, however I think about considered one of your first questions is: Where does the EOS 77D match into the Canon lineup? Remember the Rebel T6s / 760D and the way it has a superset of the Rebel T6i / 750D options? That is exactly what the EOS 77D is relative to the Rebel T7i / 800D. Even although the 77D has damaged out of the Rebel camp (for higher differentiation maybe?), the 2 cameras are virtually the identical except for a couple of vital variations.
List of variations between the 77D and the Rebel T7i / 800D
- The 77D has a prime LCD Data Panel whereas the T7i has none
- The 77D’s prime mode dial and energy change are on left vs. proper
- The 77D has a Rear Control Dial vs. solely Cross Keys
- The 77D has a Multi-perform Lock Switch vs. not obtainable on the T7i
- The 77D has an Auto Display-Off Sensor by the viewfinder vs. none
- The 77D has an AF On button vs. none on the T7i
A massive further benefit, from my perspective, is that each one localities get to name the 77D by the identical identify whereas the Rebel T7i can also be confusingly known as the 800D or Kiss X9i relying on the place you reside.
If the extra options have been free, there would in fact be no want for the T7i and the 77D certainly has a better price ticket.
Summary of What is New with the Rebel T7i and 77D
Following is an inventory of variations between the Canon EOS Rebel T7i /800D and the Rebel T6i / 750D. The EOS 77D improve listing is almost equivalent.
- forty five cross-sort AF factors vs. 19 cross-sort AF factors
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- S fps vs. H fps, 27 frames RAW vs. H, limitless frames JPEG vs. 940 pictures
- DIGIC S vs. DIGIC S
- Working vary EV -A to 18 vs. EV -zero.H to 18
- ISO one hundred-25600 (H1: 51200) vs. ISO one hundred-12800 (H1: 25600)
- LCD protection spec decreased to approx. ninety five% vs. approx. one hundred%
- 77D/T7i’s LCD goes to be simpler to understand when retracted
- Wi-Fi button
- Built-in flash GN of thirteen.B vs. 12
- Battery lifetime of approx. 820 vs. 770
- 77D positive aspects an AF-On button
While this listing is just not terribly lengthy, there are some very vital upgrades in it. The new AF system, Dual Pixel AF, a quicker body fee and the upper buffer spec are among the many line gadgets catching my consideration.
Create your personal comparisons. Detailed comparisons between numerous cameras may be made utilizing the location’s Camera Specifications Comparison Tool.
They Shrunk the Kit Lens
Canon has launched a brand new, smaller package lens to accompany the 2 DSLR cameras introduced at this time. The Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens web page has extra info on this smaller lens choice.