A site visitor recently asked for my recommendation for a studio strobe, and this is the precise model (identical to the GodoxAD600 Pro) I pointed him to. Why? Because the 600Pro has several features I’ve come to appreciate in a high-power studio strobe such as a built-in battery, fast recycle time, wireless TTL compatibility (with remote), high-speed sync & an ultra-popular Bowens mount. [Sean]
- Real 600Ws of TTL Wireless Strobe Freedom
- Professional GN of 285ft/87m (ISO 100) with Standard Reflector
- TTL Connectivity to Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic and Olympus
- Spontaneous Link to Simultaneous Multi Camera Systems
- Power Type: AC and DC Compatible
Note: If you don’t need the updated features fround in the “Pro” model, Adorama has the XPLOR 600 TTL HSS (Open Box) available for $ 599.00 with free expedited shipping. As for the differences between the two units, the Pro model has a stable color temperature mode (with +/-75K deviation vs. +/-200K) and a higher power modeling lamp (38W vs. 10), but features a smaller battery pack which yields 370 full-power flashes compared to the non-Pro’s 500.