MindShift Gear has just released an 18-liter version of its popular BackLight series, the BackLight 18L rear-panel backpack. This smaller version offers a lightweight daypack that enables photographers to access gear without taking off the backpack. They can change lenses or just snap a quick photo simply by rotating the bag to the front while the waist belt is still secured. Rear-panel access also adds security when traveling since camera gear is protected from behind.
This back-panel access allows photographers to work out of the bag without getting the harness dirty, wet, muddy, or icy. It features dedicated compartments that fit up to a 13” laptop and a full-size tablet. As a daypack, its front pockets total 5 liters in personal gear carry for a day’s outing, such as extra layers, a light jacket, food, and more. It is available in two colors, Charcoal and Woodland Green, and meets most international and U.S. airline carry-on requirements.
This new backpack holds a variety of camera kits:
- Two gripped DSLRs with lenses attached and one to three standard zoom lenses
- Two gripped Mirrorless bodies with lenses attached and three to five lenses
- Fits up to a 13” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Fits personal gear in the 5L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 300mm f/2.8 or 150–600mm f/5–6.3 attached to a body
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortable padded waist belt for all day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for additional MindShift accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows unencumbered access to gear
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials, e.g., headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included, folds flat for use as a ground cover
- Compatible with MindShift’s Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. Features the highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Exterior Dimensions: 10.6” W x 18.5” H x 7.1” D (27 x 47 x 18 cm)
Interior Camera Compartment: 9.4” W x 16.7” H x 5.5” D (24 x 42.5 x 14 cm)
Laptop Pocket: 8.9” W x 13.8” H x 0.8”D (22.5 x 35 x 2.1 cm)
Tablet Pocket: 8.7” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (22 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
Total Volume: 18L
Weight: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
MindShiftGear has the BackLight 18L in stock with free shipping.