This is a complete step by step guide to photographic editing from best-selling photography teacher, Kent DuFault. Fundamental editing includes edits that aren’t going to fundamentally change the concept of the original photograph. It covers the steps required to take your original photo, as it came out of the camera, and turn it into the best image that it can be without going overboard. We were able to negotiate a 52% discount for our readers today if you want to check it out. Deal found here: Fundamental Photo Editing Guide at 52% Off
Digital photography is so intrinsically tied to the editing process that you can’t really consider doing one without doing the other.
I know many new photographers try and resist this at first. I was guilty of that myself.
And then there is the other type of photographer who becomes so involved in the post-processing aspect that they don’t give the shooting side its fair due.
We’ve all done that, haven’t we? Taken a shot that did not really work out, and then we tried to save it in post-production. Am I right?
This guide is not going to be about saving a shot, or turning a shot into some psychedelic, funky piece of modern artwork.
Some of the Many Topics Covered (165 Pages):
- Know and understand the differences between Photoshop, Lightroom, and Elements as it relates to doing Fundamental image editing.
- Gain an operational understanding of workflow.
- Know how to open a raw file (in all three programs) as well as why you should do the Fundamental edits on that file in the raw processing window (Photoshop and Elements).
- Know how to evaluate a histogram, check for clipping, and set the highlights/shadows for a maximum range of Dmax (range of tone) without a loss of detail.
- Know how to evaluate and adjust color temperature (white balance).
- Know the what, why, and where of the “tint” adjustment.
- Have insight into the “clarity” adjustment, what it does, and why.
- Know how to adjust vibrancy because digital files inherently lack vibrancy.
- Know how to adjust saturation while remembering that a little goes a long way.
- Cropping – you’ll learn the when, where, how, and why.
- Sharpening – Should you? Shouldn’t you? How much?
- Noise reduction – you’ll know my take on this long-standing argument of when and how much.
- Understand and use the Efex tab, including the use of a vignette and the new de-haze adjustment tool to improve a composition.
- Know how to fine-tune the image with the Adjustment Brush.
All of the fundamental edits are covered in Photoshop, Lightroom and Elements. So it does NOT matter which processing software you prefer.
How to Get a Discounted Copy Today (With a Bonus):
We were able to negotiate a 52% discount which ends soon (only $ 19 down from $ 40). Right now it also includes a bonus fundamental editing printable checklist, which you can keep near your editing computer. All of it also carries an amazing 365 day happiness guarantee so there is no risk in trying it.
Deal found here: The Ultimate Guide to Fundamental Photo Editing at 52% Off
Go to full article: The Fundamental Photo Editing Guide at 52% Off
What are your thoughts on this article? Join the discussion on Facebook
PictureCorrect subscribers can also learn more today with our #1 bestseller: The Photography Tutorial eBook