I did portraits and weddings as commissioned work for years. To this day, people photography is still my favorite thing to do. So, whether you’re into travel, street, or full-on portrait photography you can practice your people skills with this week’s photography challenge.
If you need some tips and help getting started, try these dPS articles:
- 6 Portrait Lighting Patterns Every Photographer Should Know
- How to use Off-Camera Flash to Create Dramatic Images with Cross Lighting
- Tips for Doing Natural Light Headshots and Portraits
- 7 Quick Tips To Help You Capture Better Portraits
- How to Use a Small Softbox With Your Flash to Transform Your Portraits
- How to Create Compelling Wide-Angle Portraits Using One Off-Camera Flash
Need more information and training? Grab our dPS ebook Portraits: Making the Shot.
Weekly Photography Challenge – Portraits
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favorite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images in the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.